How to set up ScreenPal with Blackboard
The ScreenPal application integrates with many learning management systems. This article will help with the set up of the ScreenPal LTI version 1.1 app within the Blackboard LMS for administrators and teachers. For information about how to set up version 1.3 of the LTI app, please see Set up ScreenPal with Blackboard using LTI v1.3.
Please note that while ScreenPal will continue to support the use of LTI v1.1 with ScreenPal, we will no longer be developing ScreenPal feature updates for this version.
Use of the LTI app is only supported for Team Business and Team Education plans. For information about how to add ScreenPal content to a course, please see this article.
Enable LTI version 1.1 for Team Plans with the Consumer Key and Shared Secret
You can use the LTI app to enable Blackboard to access the Recorder and Video Editor, as well as other tools provided by your plan (embedding a video channel, adding a screen recorder button for student assignments, etc.)
If you are a member of a Team Plan, in order for a team members to access the features of a Team Plan, the Team Admin for your ScreenPal account will need to configure the LTI App.
If you are using the LTI v1.1 app Plugin, you will need a Key and Secret for this configuration. Obtain these items by completing the following steps:
1. First, login with your Team Admin account, click your user icon and then Settings. On the left sidebar, click Integrations.
2. Click the Add Integration button. This displays additional controls.
3. Enter a unique name for Integration Name.
You can have multiple integrations of the same type, so the name for each one must be distinctive.
4. For Integration Type, select LTI v1.1 Plugin from the menu. This displays the Key and Secret fields.
5. Copy and save each value. You will need them when completing the configuration in Blackboard.
Note: These values are unique to your team account, and should not be shared with anyone outside of your team.
6. Click Save.
You can edit the integration at any time by clicking the Edit icon.
Add the LTI app as a Blackboard administrator
1. Login to your Blackboard instance as an administrator.
2. From the menu on the left side of the page, click Admin.
This opens the Administrator Panel.
3. Under Integrations, click on LTI Tool Providers.
4. On the LTI Tool Providers page, click Register LTI 1.1 Provider.
Enter the following information:
In the Provider Domain Status area
- Provider Domain: screenpal.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
Under Default Configuration
- Default Configuration: Set globally
- Tool Provider Key - Use "blackboard" unless you have a Team account (including a Legacy Team Premier account). If so, enter the Key value that you obtained from ScreenPal in the previous section.
- Tool Provider Secret - Use "lti" unless you have a Team account (including Legacy Team Premier accounts) \. If so, enter the Secret value you obtained from ScreenPal in the previous section.
Under Institution Policies
- The rest of the fields can remain with their default values.
3. Finally, click Submit.
Now that the ScreenPal domain is registered, we need to add a placement. Back on the LTI Tool Providers page, find the ScreenPal LTI item that you just added in the table. Click the menu icon to the right screenpal.com, and select Manage Placements.
4. Click on Create Placement.
Enter the following information:
Note: If you have a Team Plan, you can find your Key and Secret using the instructions below in the Enable Team Plans with the Consumer Key and Shared Secret section. Otherwise, you can use:
- Tool Provider Key: Obtained from ScreenPal in the previous section.
- Tool Provider Secret: Obtained from ScreenPal in the previous section.
5. Finally, click Submit.
When launching the ScreenPal application for my team, why am I unable to use the video editor?
If you are using a Legacy Team Plan, be sure it is a Deluxe or Premier team plan. Access to the video editor is only included within these plans.
If you have a Deluxe or Premier Team account, check your Blackboard app settings (or ask your Blackboard Administrator to check/configure) to make sure you have the consumer key and secret added in, as in the instructions above.