You can include Microsoft Powerpoint slides in your video projects by doing either of the following:
1. Importing a presentation using our Story feature.
2. Recording a presentation directly on your computer screen using the Recorder.
1. Importing a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
Before you can import a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, you must save it to your computer as a PDF. One you have done this, follow the steps below to import the PDF as a Story.
1. Click the Story button at the top of the Project Manager.
2. Click the Start with Storyboard option.
3. Click Start from a Document.
4. Click Choose from My Files. File Explorer opens.
5. Navigate to and select the PDF you created from your PowerPoint presentation. Select it and then click OK.
Result: The PDF is displayed in storyboard format. Each page of the PDF is displayed in a separate Story section and each section is given three seconds of video duration by default. If you add narration or a webcam recording, this time adjusts to accommodate your content.
You don't need to upload your PowerPoint to record a presentation with narration. Just follow the steps below to set PowerPoint up for recording!
2. Set up PowerPoint for recording your screen while running the PowerPoint presentation.
- We recommend that you run the PowerPoint presentation in non-fullscreen mode, which makes it easier to capture.
- Within the PowerPoint application, from the ribbon (or menu bar in earlier versions) click Slide Show.
- Select Set Up Slide Show.
- In the Set Up Show window, select Browsed by an individual (window) and then click OK to close the dialog.
Now when you run the presentation, it will be displayed in a window that you can easily resize and capture using our recorder. You can now use the screen recorder to record the PowerPoint slideshow in the resizable window.