Team Plan Admins: Enable or Disable Upload Endpoints for the Screencast-O-Matic App
Team Plan Admins: Enable or disable upload endpoints for our app
The ScreenPal desktop application allows users to publish their recordings to a video file or upload their recordings to services including our hosting site, YouTube, Google Drive, Vimeo, and Dropbox. As an Account Owner or Admin, you may choose to remove upload endpoints presented in the app for your users.
An admin can find and modify these settings from the Team Feature Access page in Settings.
Following are the services you can enable/disable as a destination for publishing:
- Google Drive
- Video File (that is, saving to local device)
This feature is available to all admins with a Team Plan.
Note: At least one destination must be enabled or your team members will not be able to publish their content.
Enable or Disable Publishing Endpoints
- Log into our website, click your user badge, and then click Settings.
- On the left sidebar menu, click Team Feature Access and then click the pencil icon under Feature Access Default settings or for one of your Customer Access Pages.
- Clear the checkbox next to the endpoints that you want to disable.
- Disabling an endpoint means those publishing options will no longer be displayed in the lower right menu within the desktop application when previewing a recording.
- Click Save.
Verify the applicable endpoints are enabled or disabled
You can verify the endpoints are disabled by doing the following:
- Go to your team access page or login as a Team Member and launch the recorder or open the video editor.
- Either create a new recording or click an existing recording from the Project Manager screen. You will enter a preview mode for the recording.
- On the lower right, you will see a menu with options for uploading or downloading the file. If you don't see these options initially, you can click the icon to bring up the complete list of publishing options.
- Verify that your selected endpoints are enabled or disabled in this publishing menu. The menu may look similar to the menu below:
Only the options with the checkbox next to them selected in your settings should be displayed in the desktop application's publishing options. All others will be disabled and hidden from the menu above. At least one destination must be enabled, or your team members will not be able to publish their content.
Admins and Teachers: How to setup the Screencast-O-Matic with Canvas LMS
The Screencast-O-Matic LTI screen recorder integrates with many learning management systems. This article will help with the setup and use of the Screencast-O-Matic LTI app within the Canvas LMS for administrators and teachers. You can read more in ...
Team Admin: Add users to your Team Plan
Definitions Team Creator: A team member who has license access to the capture and editing tools and associated Team Plan features. Creator licenses are use-based (not user-based). This means that licenses are consumed only when a Team Member launches ...
Join my Team Plan
If your organization purchased a Team Plan that requires you have an account with us (for example, you need an account to host videos and images on our site), you need to join the Team Plan to access advanced features. There are a few ways you can ...
Setting up hosting
Setting up and customizing hosting Free and Deluxe Users If you are a Free or Deluxe (including Team Deluxe) user you have access to our free hosting services that enable storing, customization and sharing your image and video content. You can ...
Team Admin: Feature Access Settings
Definitions Team Creator: A team member who has license access to the screen capture and editing tools and the associated Team Plan features. Team User: A team member who already has an account with us and can enable account-specific features ...