Note: The Sync to gradebook option discussed in this article is currently in a limited beta release. If you have a ScreenPal Team Plan and you are interested in gaining early access to this feature, please contact support.
When you are a member of a Team Plan and your administrator has configured ScreenPal with your Canvas, Blackboard, or Schoology learning management system (LMS) using our LTI 1.3 plug-in, you can sync ScreenPal quiz grades to your LMS Gradebook.
Canvas LMS is used as an example below. The steps for embedding ScreenPal content in courses and assignments, and accessing your Gradebook will vary based on your LMS.
1. Log into your ScreenPal account and click Quizzes from the menu on the left.
2. Create a new quiz by clicking the New Quiz button, or hover over an existing quiz and click Details.
3. When you are finished adding your quiz questions, click the Assignment & Settings tab.
4. Under Assign, select the LMS option.
5. Under Grading, select one of the following options:
- To enable automatic syncing of your students' quiz scores to your Canvas gradebook, select Auto-sync to gradebook.
NOTE: You cannot select the auto-sync option if your quiz includes short answer questions, as these questions need to be graded manually.
- To manually grade your quizzes from the Individual Results tab in ScreenPal and then manually sync the scores with your Canvas gradebook, select Manually grade.
6. Next, log into Canvas to assign this quiz to your students.
7. In Canvas, open a course and click Assignments.
8. Add a new assignment or open an existing one.
9. Click the ScreenPal icon above the rich text editor.
If you are currently logged into your ScreenPal account, this opens the content selection box.
10. Click the Quizzes tab.
11. Click the quiz you want to insert into your Canvas assignment.
12. Click Embed quiz.
13. Be sure to publish the Canvas assignment so it will be available to your students.
After at least one student has taken your quiz, you can view the results in ScreenPal from the Individual Results tab.
If you selected Auto-sync to gradebook, you will see a message on this tab, indicating when the quiz scores were last synced to Canvas.
If you selected Manually grade, you will see the Send to gradebook button. After you have manually entered your students quiz scores, click this button to sync the grades to Canvas.
After you click Send to gradebook, the date and time at which you last synced the quiz scores is displayed. You can update and re-sync these scores at any time by clicking Sync updates.