Our mobile application
does not capture user gestures, such as taps and swipes, for display within the recorder, in order to protect your privacy. However, you can enable AssistiveTouch on your Apple device and our application will capture these gestures, drawn by your operating system directly on the screen.
Click the button below to download the ScreenPal app for iOS!
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple device.
2. Tap Accessibility. (On older versions of iOS, these settings can be found under General > Accessibility.)
3. Under Physical and Motor, tap Touch.
4. On the Touch screen, tap AssistiveTouch.
5. Switch the AssistiveTouch toggle to the on position.
Turning this feature on displays the Assistive Touch shortcut on any screen.
Add a custom tap gesture
1. From the AssistiveTouch screen, tap Create New Gesture.
2. Recording begins automatically when you touch the screen. To create a tap gesture, tap the screen once and then tap Save in the upper right corner.
3. Enter a name for the new gesture, such as "Tap", and then tap Save.
Use AssistiveTouch when recording your screen
1. Begin your recording and then tap the AssistiveTouch shortcut from the app or screen that you want to record.
2. From the menu, tap Custom.
3. Tap the Gesture that you previously created (in this example Tap).
4. A gray button is displayed on the screen wherever you touch a control. Simply tap the AssistiveTouch shortcut again to remove this button.
: For more information about AssistiveTouch, including how to turn it on, how to use AssistiveTouch instead of gestures, how to use AssistiveTouch for multi-finger gestures (such as pinch and rotate or multi-finger swipe or drag), and how to use custom actions, please see this article on the Apple Support site.
Show finger taps when recording on your Android device
In order to protect your privacy, the ScreenPal mobile application does not capture user gestures, such as taps and swipes, for display within the recorder. However, you can enable the Show taps functionality independently on your Android device and ...
Add the facecam to a screen recording using iOS
Apple's operating system does not allow our app to capture your screen and camera at the same time. Instead of creating a video that includes a screen recording and facecam recording at the same time, you can overlay a facecam recording onto an ...
Using Effects You can add animated effects, such as confetti and fireworks, to your ScreenPal screen recordings using the ScreenPal Chrome Extension. Animated effects are a fun, engaging way to interact with your audience and hold their attention. ...
Record your iPhone or iPad screen
Visit the App Store to download our screen recorder for iPhone and iPad. Use the iOS Screen Recorder: 1. Open the app and tap the red Rec button. 2. Select the type of recording you'd like to make. 3. Select ScreenPal from the list to make this your ...
ScreenPal best practices for recording camera over screen
Choose what to share from your Google Chrome browser Chrome provides three choices for recording your screen: Entire Screen, Window, or Chrome Tab. When you choose to record both the screen and webcam, you should not select Window, as the camera ...