Our mobile application does not capture user gestures, such as taps and swipes, for display within the recorder, in order to protect your privacy. However, you can enable AssistiveTouch on your Apple device and our application will capture these gestures, drawn by your operating system directly on the screen.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple device.
2. Tap Accessibility. (On older versions of iOS, these settings can be found under General > Accessibility.)
3. Under Physical and Motor, tap Touch.
4. On the Touch screen, tap AssistiveTouch.
5. Switch the AssistiveTouch toggle to the on position.
Turning this feature on displays the Assistive Touch shortcut on any screen.
Add a custom tap gesture
1. From the AssistiveTouch screen, tap Create New Gesture.
2. Recording begins automatically when you touch the screen. To create a tap gesture, tap the screen once and then tap Save in the upper right corner.
3. Enter a name for the new gesture, such as "Tap", and then tap Save.
Use AssistiveTouch when recording your screen
1. Begin your recording and then tap the AssistiveTouch shortcut from the app or screen that you want to record.
2. From the menu, tap Custom.
3. Tap the Gesture that you previously created (in this example Tap).
4. A gray button is displayed on the screen wherever you touch a control. Simply tap the AssistiveTouch shortcut again to remove this button.
Show finger taps when recording on your Android device
The Screencast-O-Matic mobile application does not capture user gestures, such as taps and swipes, for display within the recorder, in order to protect your privacy. However, you can enable the Show taps functionality independently on your Android ...
Add the facecam to a screen recording using iOS
Apple's operating system does not allow our app to capture your screen and camera at the same time. Instead of creating a video that includes a screen recording and facecam recording at the same time, you can overlay a facecam recording onto an ...
Using Effects with the ScreenPal Chrome Extension You can add animated effects, such as confetti and fireworks to your ScreenPal Chrome Extension screen recordings. Animated effects are a fun, engaging way to interact with your audience and hold ...
ScreenPal best practices for recording camera over screen
Choose what to share from your Google Chrome browser Chrome provides three choices for recording your screen: Entire Screen, Window, or Chrome Tab. When you choose to record both the screen and webcam, you should not select Window, as the camera ...
Record your iPhone or iPad screen
Visit the App Store to download our screen recorder for iPhone and iPad. Use the iOS Screen Recorder: Open the app and tap the red Rec button. Select Screencast-O-Matic from the list to make this your default screen recorder. Tap the microphone, if ...