How to find a Recording using the Free Recorder Subscription
If you are experiencing issues finding your videos after creating a recording using the screen recorder
with a Free subscription, try completing the steps below:
1. If you saved the video file to your computer (using the Save As Video File option) do a file-name search using the name you used to save the video.
- If you are using Windows, you can search for files two different ways. First, you can try typing the name of a document or keyword into the search box on the taskbar. Second, you can search by opening File Explorer and searching on This PC. This searches in all devices and drives on your computer.
- If you are using a MAC, open Spotlight by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the menu bar or pressing Command + Space bar. Enter the file's name in the search field and then double-click the file within the search results to open it. You can also click the Finder icon (), click Recents in the sidebar, and then select View > Group By > Date Last Opened to view your files by date opened.
Note: We also automatically saves screen recordings to your computer when you click Done after recording your screen. These videos should be available on your computer in C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Screencast-O-Matic\Video Projects\.
2. Manually check the Downloads, Documents, and Desktop folders on your computer.
3. Search on your computer for the video file format: *.MP4 and sort the results by date.
If you uploaded your video online, please check your hosting account or your YouTube Account, and check the Uploads section of your account, by clicking on one of the links below:
If you already have other videos listed under these accounts, you will need to search for the specific video name directly from the online video platform account.
Recorder API Overview With the Recorder API you can embed a "Record Screencast" button any where to upload to your Channel on Screencast-O-Matic.com. For example if you wanted to collect tech support bugs from users on your website. Prerequisite To ...
Use a Channel Recorder button
What is a Channel Recorder button? Adding a Channel Recorder button enables your audience to launch the recorder and submit their content to your channel. The recorder button launches a version of the screen recorder, that contains a simplified ...
Find your Consumer Key and Shared Secret
Our application integrates with many learning management systems via the Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standard. You can use an LTI Plugin to access our tools and share content while working within an LMS. The LTI app assumes you are hosting ...
Screen Recorder and Screenshot shortcuts
Screen Recorder and Screenshot Shortcuts You can set up keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, to launch our content creation tools on your Windows PC or Mac. These shortcuts allow you to quickly perform the following actions: Open the content manager Start ...
Start the tools (screen recorder, screenshots, editing)
There are several ways to start our tools, including: 1. From our web page. 2. From your Desktop, Windows tool tray or your Mac menu bar. 3. Using the Google Chrome extension. Web page If you have an account, you can log in to capture a screenshot, ...