You can create video memes using the video editor, and share them directly on social media.
1. Launch our application on your computer, or launch the Video Editor from the website.
3. On the bottom right of the Video Editor, click on Edit.
4. Under Canvas, click on the triangle icon, next to the resolution.
5. Click the Lock icon to unlock the Height of the video.
6. Enter a higher number (than the one listed) on the Height resolution box. Click Apply.
7. To add text, click Tools (on the bottom of the screen), click Overlay, and then select Text.
8. Enter the text for the top portion into the our text goes here box, and you will see it displayed on the screen.
9. Move the text box to the top of the screen (drag and drop), and resize the box by grabbing the corner dots of the text box.
10. To change the text font and color, click Style.
11. In the Modify Style menu, click Font and select Impact.
12. Click Color and select White.
13. On the Modify Style menu, click on the Background tab, click on Shape, and select None. Once complete, click Done.
14. On timeline at the bottom of the screen, grab the blue 'dots' for the text. Drag the left dot to the beginning of the video (or the point at which you want the text to be displayed). Drag the right dot to the end of the video (or where you would like the text to end) and then click OK.
15. Click the +Text button to add more text, to create the bottom section.
16. Enter the text that you would like to display in the box.
17. Drag the text box to the bottom of the screen. On the timeline, expand the points to the beginning and the end of the video for the text to be displayed. Click OK when you are done.
18. To remove the fade in and fade out effects on the video, click the corner area in the timeline (image below), click the Text box, click Transition and select None.
19. When you are ready to publish, click Done.
20. Save your file to your computer using Save As Video File.
21. You can also upload the video directly to our website, by selecting the "Upload to Screencast-O-Matic" option.
For more information, you can also view these tutorials.
Insert New or Existing Recordings
Overlay Highlight Video Tutorial
How to upload to Screencast-O-Matic
How to save a video to your computer