Configure how your video can be viewed and discovered
You can configure specific settings in your hosting account to control how viewers discover and view your videos and images, including adding security protections.
1. Go to our website and log into your account. Click My Content at the top of the page.
2. Hover over a video or image and click Details.
3. On the Video Details or Image Details tab you will see your options under Visibility.
- Public - The video can be discovered by search engines.
- Unlisted - Anyone with the link can view the video, including people who access an embedded link via your website. However, the video will not be indexed by search engines.
- Password Protected - Only those with the link and correct password (set by you) can view the video.
- Team User (only for use with Team Plans) - Only other logged-in members of your Team Plan can view the video. This option is great for internal-only communications!
Edit a video project across a team
You can use the Video Editor to edit your co-worker's video projects, also known as .screenpal (or .somrec) files. To share your video files for editing with your team, you will need to export them from your Project Manager. Click Manage Video ...
Customize the size and shape of my video
You can easily adjust and customize the size and shape of your video from the video editor. There are a number of ways to change the size of your video. You can change either the Canvas size, which is the size of your overall video, or you can change ...
Channel and video visibility settings
There are several visibility options for both individual videos and channels. Unlisted - Anyone with the link can view the video, including people who access an embedded link via your website, a link on social media sites, etc. However, the video ...
Overview Analytics provides rich data on how much, when, and where viewers engage with your videos. You can review aggregate, time-based, and individual viewer data that helps you understand the effectiveness of your videos for learning, ...
Why can't I see my video on my ScreenPal Content page online?
Why can't I see my videos and images created in the app on my online Content page? Content you create using the app is stored locally on your device. It only gets uploaded to ScreenPal's content hosting platform when you open the video in the desktop ...