Combine two recordings or videos
When you work on a video project, often you want to use multiple sources of content. You may have screen recordings and other video content that you need to combine to complete your project. You have several options for combining videos and recordings in the video editor
- Copy (or cut) and paste sections of videos or recordings
- Insert an existing recording or video
- Overlay a video on top of your existing video
Copy and Paste
First, open a source video in the video editor and click a starting point on the timeline.
Click Tools and select Copy from the menu.
Next, drag the bar to select the portion of the video that you want to copy. When you are finished, click OK.
Go back to your video projects. Select the video or recording in which you want to insert the copied portion of the video.
Click Edit on the target video. Click the point on the time line at which you want to insert the copied video content and then click +Insert Copy.
The content will be inserted in the position you selected, or you can drag the bar to select a new position. When you are ready to insert the copied content, click OK.
Insert Existing Recording or Video
To do this, open your video in the video editor and click the timeline where you want to add a recording or video.
Next, click Tools, click Insert, and select New Recording, Existing Project or Video File.
- New Recording opens the Recorder, enabling you to create a new recording on the fly and then insert it into your existing video.
- Existing Project enables you to select any recording from the Project Manager.
- Video File enables you to insert a video file from your local computer, a video you have copied to the clipboard, or, if you are a Premier or Max member, you can import a video from the stock library.
Overlay a Recording or Video
To overlay a video, open your video in the Video Editor and click the location in the time line where you want to overlay a video or recording.
Click Tools > Overlay > Video. This opens the following dialog:
- My Projects: Select any recording within the Project Manager.
- My Files: Insert a video from your local computer
- Clipboard: Paste a video you have copied to your clipboard.
- Stock Library: If you are a Premier or Max member, you can import a video from the stock library.
- How to Copy and Paste Sections
- Insert New or Existing Recording Tutorial
- Overlay Video
Flip the recordings, videos, and images horizontally
You can flip (or mirror) a webcam recording, video, or image horizontally using either the Screen Recorder (wecam only) or the Video Editor. Using the Screen Recorder to flip your webcam First, launch the Screen Recorder and select either Camera or ...
Send your mobile recordings to the desktop Video Editor
For Premier and Max Plans, a copy of recordings created on the mobile app can be automatically transferred to our desktop video editor. This enables you to combine your mobile recordings with other videos and take advantage of the richer editing ...
Make and edit recordings when offline
You can use our Desktop tools when you are offline to create videos and screen recordings without an internet connection, just as you would online. Please note that you do not need to be logged into ScreenPal to use our tools via the tray. If you are ...
Search your recordings on your Mac/PC Client
Search your recordings on your Mac or PC client Our Desktop application contains the ability to search, filter, and sort on your local content as well as content contained within secured backup. Make use of the search and filter functions to find ...
Import your Chromebook recordings to a Mac or PC for editing
Our Chromebook application allows you to make recordings of your Chromebook screen. You can then import these recordings onto a PC or Mac for editing. How to Import your Recordings to a Mac or PC Step 1: Upload Chromebook recordings to our app View ...