Admins: Install Screencast-O-Matic for all your Chromebook Users
Admins: Install our application for all your Chromebook users
If your company or organization administers a fleet of Chromebooks with ChromeOS, you can bulk install the screen recorder and video editor from within the Google G Suite administration screen.
Key reasons to install on your organization's Chromebooks:
- Deploy the Chromebook screen recorder and video editor application to all Chromebooks in your organization
- Easily deploy software updates to the Chromebook screen recorder and video editor across all Chrome devices
How to force install on ChromeOS
Log in to the Google Admin Console
- Navigate to the Google Admin console.
- Click on 'Device Management'.
- Select 'Chrome Management'.
- Select 'User Settings'.
- Select Organizations and select the organizational unit (OU) to deploy the recorder application to.
- Scroll down to Apps and Extensions, make sure Force Installation is turned on, and click the Manage force-installed apps link.
Add the Screencast-O-Matic Application
- Under Force-Installed Apps and Extensions, click the Chrome Web Store button.
- Type "Screencast-O-Matic" into the search box and find the application. Click Add for both to add the Screencast-O-Matic Chromebook application and the Chrome browser extension launcher. Please note, only the Chromebook application is required for proper functionality. However, it is recommended that you add the Chrome browser extension as well for simplified launching from within the Chrome browser itself.
- Important: Click Save to save your changes.
The application should now begin deploying to the users of your organization.
Team Plan Admins: Enable or Disable Upload Endpoints for the Screencast-O-Matic App
Team Plan Admins: Enable or disable upload endpoints for our app Our desktop application allows users to publish their recordings to a video file or upload their recordings to services including our hosting site, YouTube, Google Drive, Vimeo, and ...
Admins: Silently install our app for your users
Admins: Silently install our app for your users For provisioning a group of users, an administrator can silently install our app on users' computers within the team and organization. Using the full installation method enables you to provision your ...
Admins and Teachers: How to setup the Screencast-O-Matic with Canvas LMS
The Screencast-O-Matic LTI screen recorder integrates with many learning management systems. This article will help with the setup and use of the Screencast-O-Matic LTI app within the Canvas LMS for administrators and teachers. You can read more in ...
Import your Chromebook recordings to a Mac or PC for editing
Our Chromebook application allows you to make recordings of your Chromebook screen. You can then import these recordings onto a PC or Mac for editing. How to Import your Recordings to a Mac or PC Step 1: Upload Chromebook recordings to our app ...
Chromebook Device Troubleshooting
Chromebook Device Troubleshooting If you are experiencing technical issues or the Screen Recorder is not launching properly on a Chromebook device, please try the following steps to troubleshoot. 1. Sign out of our website by clicking your user ...